“START STRONG” – DUMBBELL AND RESISTANCE BANDS 12 WEEK FULL BODY PROGRAM
- You will need dumbbells (a heavier set and a lighter set), and a heavy resistance band a miniband and booty band.
- This program is for you if you are training from home with dumbbells and resistance bands
- It is a traditional body building style program- it does not contain HIIT workouts or any jumping.
- This program is for you if you want to practice the basics- squat, press, deadlift, row and push ups
- This program is for you if you are training in the gym and prefer training with free weights (dumbbells) over machines
- This program is for you if you are new to strength training- but can be adapted to anyone depending on the weight of the dumbbells
- This program is for you if you want to change your body composition (for the better)
- It includes 3 full body strength sessions on alternate days, 1 yoga session and 1 low impact cardio session (steady state power walking or jogging).
- Each month begins with a de-load week and every week reps or sets or weight is increased to progressively overload. The rep range is higher 10-20, as it is a home program and limited to the weight of your dumbbells.
- This is a 3 month training block, it requires sticking to the program to gain the best possible results for the entire 12 weeks.
- Each month the exercises, tempo, reps and sets change for progressive overload.
- This program can be combined with nutrition and working out your macronutrient split and calories for either a calorie deficit (cut), or a calorie surplus (mass).
- If you are unsure of technique or the exercise please type in the name of the exercise into a You Tube search and watch a video demonstration on how to do the exercise.
- Alternatively, you can video yourself and email it to me, so I can watch it and give you any advice on creating a better technique.